Is it really almost June?
I can not believe that is almost Memorial Day. And that means it is SUMMER TIME. Hot days, relaxing nights and a great time for reading and relaxing. I feel like I have been in a cloud for the past few months. We brought the new year in still reeling from Dad's death, I fractured my foot and then I came down with the HORRENDOUS H. Pylori bacteria and gastritis.
If you don't know what H. Pylori bacteria is it is what causes ulcers in the stomach. After being in a constant state of nauseousness I went to the doctor to finally figure out what was going on with me. Tests were all normal. A trip to the ER and a trip to the gastroenterologist they finally figured out what it was. The bacteria made my stomach balloon up to the point I looked like I was pregnant. I had to go buy a bigger size pants just to be comfortable. After 2 weeks of 3000mg a day of antibiotics I thought my health had finally turned for the better.
I was visiting Mom in Memphis during some of this time and then I came home. I was able to attempt to have a green thumb and I helped my hubby plant our garden. We have watermelon, corn, squash, okra, lettuce, peppers of all varieties, strawberries and tomatoes growing. I will post pictures of Farmer John's current crop later. Below is a picture of our crop of turnips and turnip greens from the fall.
We planted red, pink, purple, and coral azaleas in our back yard, pink hydrangeas in the front and some beautiful pink dahlias around the mailbox.
Before, I could turn around Mom, Papaw and the puppies came to visit. They arrived on May 1st and boy was Rocky glad to see them all. Mom and I had fun shopping and gallivanting around Raleigh. Traci, my cousin, came to Raleigh to help celebrate Mother's day with Mom. We had the best time. One day hopefully we will all end up in the same city again. Then it happened....
My stomach inflated again and the bacteria came back. Due to this I had to cancel my anniversary trip lay on the couch and take 12 antibiotics a day for 10 days until I am rid of this awful thing. During all of this my mom, and Cameron could not have been better to me. Mom changed her plans and stayed here longer. She ended up being here almost a month. She left this morning. The house seems a little more empty and a little more quiet now that everyone is gone. We had to best time together. We had lots of laughs and lots of historical moments we like to say.
Thanks Mom for all of the cleaning, cooking, "happies" and everything I am not thanking you for. Especially thank you for all of the Mom TLC you gave me. I love you!
Pages
About Me
- Cristin Santana
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- I am 26 years old. I live in Raleigh, NC. I have been married since May 16, 2009 and we have a dog named Rocky.