Our first year married in a nutshell

I have been playing around with the idea of starting a blog. My family and I have been through so much this past year. Cameron and I got married on May 16, 2009. Three weeks before our wedding my grandmother passed away unexpectedly.  Cameron was such a rock for me. At that time, I did not know then how he could truly be my rock, my best friend, my husband and one of the strongest people I have ever met.  Shortly after we got married we sold our townhouse and moved into our current house, I had knee surgery, and I got laid off. We made the decision then for me to take some time for myself and be a stay at home housewife.

Do I miss working? Yes I do miss the socialization but I do love Cameron coming home at night after working the streets of Southeast Raleigh to house with a home cooked meal.  Cooking is one of the things that I absolutely love and I did not realize how much enjoyment I got out of it until recently.

Our first holidays came and went in the new house. Then one of the worst things a 26 year old should have to ever go through happened. My dad took his own life at the age of 57.  He was the strongest man I have ever met and even during those final minutes he was the bravest man I have ever known and will know.  I have a strong faith and I know my dad is in a better place. This was just another learning experience for Cameron and me as newlyweds. He was truly the rock for my mom and me and still is.

People ask how are you so strong? All I can say is I have to be.  It is not as easy as it sounds. Through counseling and medication I finally feel normal again. I finally feel like a normal newlywed again.

The last year has been quite an adventure of ups and down for us.  We have learned from all of them including the bad.  As this second year of newlyweds begins a new adventure begins and it will all be documented here.

About Me

My photo
Raleigh, North Carolina
I am 26 years old. I live in Raleigh, NC. I have been married since May 16, 2009 and we have a dog named Rocky.

Followers